Thursday, September 21, 2006

JH Ranch...I have no Idea what JH stands for.

This last week we went on Retreat to JH Ranch in the mountains about two hours north of Redding. Camping and mountains and friends are among my favourite things, so it was a blast. Not to mention God rocked my world more than I had really believed possible. Fun.

Cabins...and pines...mmhhmm. Friends. All Canadians I just realised, except Kawika (ka-vi-kah) he's from Maui, extreme surfer dude. Laura and Jaimee to my right are two rad sisters from Canmore that I knew before the school. Alisha is on my left and from Nova Scotia...we were covenant friends the moment we met...more on her later.
We had outdoor worship. Glorious.

Jaimee and I laugh a lot. This girl is all spunk and heart. And she's moving to Africa again after this school to work with kids, that's her desire.

Alisha and I met on a friday night with a small group of friends, three guitars, and spaghetti. She sat beside me and we talked about Canada...our home and native land. She's from the east coast, and as I talked about home she began to pray for my area of the country. It was so powerful. We joined hands and began to proclaim unity between the East and West and repent on behalf of attitudes and actions of our regions. It was Huge, much bigger than the two of us and we really didn't know what we were doing, except we could feel God's Spirit so strongly as we prayed that we were physically shaken and moved...I mean very literally. Everyone else in the room was worshipping with singing and guitars on the floor and couches, and the place was thick with glory. These are my favourite moments in life. I turned to Alisha again because I had felt an inner nudging to ask her about her heritage. "First Nations," she said. "I'm french Canadian," I said. Blasted. A simple phrase like that and woah. So, we grabbed hands again and I asked forgiveness for my people from acts and attitudes against hers. A deep nobility rested on her and she said, "I forgive you, and welcome you, you have access to all my inheritance." Heavy.

The Famous Geordie and Stef Mumby from Edmonton (sometimes). Quaintly knitting and rocking while enjoying the outdoors.

Bill Johnson (senior pastor/leader of Bethel) speaking. He is so humble and powerful.
After he spoke the first night of retreat, I decided to go meet him. I waited as he spoke to others and then stepped forward to introduce myself. He asked me where I was from. I answered then said, "I really don't have much to say (really didn't know what to say to this man I deeply respect), but I just want to honour your hunger." He put his hand on my shoulder as I said this and his wife Beni came and stood beside him. At this moment it was very obvious to me that people can carry the presence of God in deep measures, and always more; I was crying without knowing it and what I felt all around me and within me and saw covering and exuding from Bill was overwhelming and indescribable at best. "It's the same thing that's in you," he said. And we just stood. "We'll burn together,"he said. And we waited. "Thank you," I whispered. "Thank you," Bill said. And we stood a moment longer our affections turned to deeper Presence.

This is what we call a "fire tunnel." Strange name, here's the interpretation: People (in this case our leaders), stand opposite each other with space in between them for people to walk through...very like a famous square dancing set-up. The idea is as you walk through the "tunnel" all the leaders pray for you.



Panoramic view of the fire tunnel, and it's after affects. The people laying in the grass have just been through. Bill had suggested beforehand that when we were prayed for we find a spot to rest and process a bit before running off to lunch. So people are resting on the grass...processing. Although in light of my own experiences, i'm not sure that many of those people could get up and stop 'processing' if they wanted to.

Good times. Note: Sheryne Wilson is the blonde with the ponnytail standing in the background...she's a friend from Calgary...just crazy fun connections here, it's unbelievable who you meet. Like Jaimee and Kawika here, and some other friends were all snowboarding together in New Zealand with people from Switzerland and Norway that are here too, who are friends with other friends of mine from home, and from Toronto...nuts, and it goes on. And I love it because I really don't believe in coincidence.

That's a bit of a summary...I know for a lot of people reading this it may not make much sense, but I hope that it stirs a deep hunger in you. Hunger for truth. Hunger for undeniable Presence.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Bobbi I like your pictures of your friends.
They sound nice
Myranda

9:59 a.m.

 
Blogger MaPaMumby said...

Thank you, Bobbi. I am soooo glad you are getting rocked and blessed and changed forever. I loved reading about the retreat and I am now sitting here bawling because I feel so moved ... and hungry. "oh taste and see that the Lord is good".
We are going to Red Deer this week-end to be with Kayle as he teaches on the prophetic at your church. It will be fun to see your loved ones!
Keep rockin
Love Terry.

6:46 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bobbi Jo you rock my world. My favorite part is when Bill said 'It's the same thing that's in you.' He couldn't be more right my sweet friend! Whoo. I'm tearing up just thinking of you. You are a gift of God to those around you - he has blessed you so that you can give and bless His people. I'm SO proud and honored to call you a sister in Him.
MUCH MUCH AND MORE LOVE!
Kalie
p.s. i totally owe you an email - don't worry, it's coming :)

10:03 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think ill just put a link to your blog on my updates so peaople can see cool pictures and not have to read a zillion words to describe one event. And you say you have no comp skills<><

7:20 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JH stands for "James" Proctor and "Harry" Erickson (thus JH). These are the men who purchased the ranch property in the 1930's. JD "Proc" Proctor is who built the lodge, cabins and founded the business in the 1960's. Prior to that there were a few cabins and the ranch was a way station to pack people into the mountans for hunting and fishing. Just though you might want the history. It was a family run business based on warmth and friendship.

9:07 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home